This June RUCOOL will host a week-long, hands-on experience using underwater glider technologies. Participants will be introduced to the underwater robots while gaining hands on experience prepping, ballasting, deploying and piloting. This is an exciting opportunity for undergraduate students with little to no experience using this equipment as part of their courses or laboratories. The Marine Technology Glider Camp is designed to offer students a chance to not only learn about underwater gliders, but also deploy the equipment to gather data applied to various investigations.
- College level student (completed at least one year) interested in marine technology applications
- Ability to work in the lab and aboard the coastal research vessel away from shore in open water
- $1,500 including food, accommodations and local travel* as part of the program
- *Transportation to and from New Brunswick, NJ is the responsibility of the applicant
- Registration Deadline: May 1, 2020
- Notification of refund if enrollment number not reached: May 8, 2020
Marine Technology Society (MTS) Camps in collaboration with Rutgers University provides scholarships for students interested in attending this glider camp. Applicants must by currently focused on studying marine technology, marine engineering and marine science.
Below are the 2020 documents for download in PDF format:
Scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted via email no later than Friday, March 15, 2020 by 11:59 EST
- Minimum of 10 students required for program
- Full refund of program fees paid if minimum enrollment is not met
- Registered students will be notified on May 8, 2020 if minimum enrollment is not met, it is recommended not to purchase airline tickets in advance of this notice
Payment by check only and make payable to: ‘Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey‘.
Send checks to:
Steve Levenson – 2020 Glider Technology Camp
71 Dudley Rd
New Brunswick, NJ 08901