A GROWING NEED FOR A “BLUE ECONOMY” WORKFORCE
Today’s students will be challenged over their professional lifetimes to provide society with 60% more food, 55% more water, and 80% more energy for a growing global population forecast to exceed 9 billion by 2050. Our individualized instruction allows students to build the skills necessary to address this challenge, engage with technology, and join our team of professionals.
The Master’s in Operational Oceanography has given me the opportunity to pave my own path in my career…and apply the skills I gained in the program!“ – Julia Engdahl, ’21
In just 12 months, our students
- Take on and solve real world problems
- Gain experience collaborating with experts in the field
- Deploy cutting edge ocean technology
- Master marine data analytics and software programming
- Get jobs in the energy sector, maritime industry, government agencies, research organizations, and non-profits.